Videocon to exit insurance biz, sell entire stake to Diamond Dealtrade & Enam

Videocon Industries, which is one out of 28 companies that the Reserve Bank of India directed banks to refer to bankruptcy court, is exiting the insurance business by selling its 51.32% stake in Liberty Videocon General Insurance to Diamond Dealtrade- a DP Jindal Group Company and Enam Securities.

Videocon has submitted its proposal to Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority to sell it’s stake in the company. Diamond Dealtrade will buy 26% while and Enam Securities remaining 25.32%.

Liberty Videocon General Insurance had got approval from Irda to commence operations in April 2013. Initially, Videocon Industries held 74% of the share capital in the insurance firm, and the rest is owned by Liberty Citystate Holdings. After the increase in foreign direct investment limit, Liberty Mutual increased its stake in the company to 49%,leaving Videocon with a 51% share.

After Liberty Mutual’s capital investment, the paid up capital of company went up to Rs 1,084 crores. As of Dec 2017, Liberty Videocon had a market share of 0.54% and growth rate of 38.68%. It operates through 58 branches.

Source: Economic Times

Date: 19th March 2018

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s